Re: [TCLUG:4595] Sound still doesn't work

What kind of sound card/chip do you have?  To initialize the sound chip
and get Linux sound working with the Crystal CS4236 in my laptop, I
finally resorted to loading the DOS driver before booting Linux...

Crystal's driver gets loaded in the Win95 CONFIG.SYS file:

DEVICE=C:\BOOT\CWBINIT.EXE

Then, I run loadlin in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file to boot Linux:

D:\LINUX\LOADLIN.EXE D:\LINUX\ZIMAGE root=/dev/hda5 ro

I hope this helps.

(CONFIG.SYS is actually set up with a boot menu, so I can choose either
Linux or Win95 at bootup, but that's not really relevant to your sound
card problem.)

Joel