RE: [TCLUG:4588] Gnome

I timed Gnome last night on my AMD K5-200/64MB - it was 35 seconds to start.
It would be interesting to hear what other people experience with Gnome on
slower/and faster machines.

I believe the goal of the project is to be able to run Gnome in 16 to 32MB.
I personally think that it could be unfortunate if they target the program at
computers from 1990 rather than looking to the future.  Perhaps they will
be able to do both.  I certainly hope so.