Re: [TCLUG:4711] Rumors of MS Office port to linux (why kid around???)

>paradox does abound).  Now, if they just did the same thing for VB, I'd be
>in hog heaven for my employment purposes.

I just wanted to mention that I'm in the very beginnings of writing a program (in Perl) to translate VB Source Code into GTK+/C code and compile it on Linux.  This is something that will probably be quite easy to do for simple (useless) programs and very difficult for anything more sophisticated.  I wonder has anyone out there heard of anything like this before (with VB that is)?  And would anyone be interested in working on it?

The real difficulty here is with ocx/activeX controls which will all have to be rewritten in C.  Luckily many of them already are done by the Gnome people.  However this may get into licensing issues with the converted programs possibly having to be GPL...I don't know how that part will work yet.

Brady

"...the film is every bit as dauntingly abstract in its spasmodic hyperrealism..."
- Howard Hampton describing the movie "The Blade"