Re: [TCLUG:4715] Nec Versa LX and Linux

Conbo (typo I intentionally decided to leave in) DVD/LS-120 or CD/LS120
drives are ide devices. Initially (after POST), the /dev/hdd (or wherever
on the IDE chain the LS-120 lives) emulated /dev/fd0 after which it'll go
back to behaving like an IDE device.  The redhat installer doesn't
anticipate the boot device to come from anwhere else than /dev/fd0.
Hopefully, they'll enable some ability to choose the location of the
supplimental image.  Meanwhile, you can try switching to VC2
(<ctrl>+<alt>+<F2>) and at the shell prompt, mount the image by hand
(although I'm not sure that there's shell access at that point in the
installer).

Peter Lukas