Re: [TCLUG:4715] Nec Versa LX and Linux

> I am trying to get Redhat 5.2 installed on a Nec Versa LX with a LS120
> floppy drive. Boot floppy works great, but when I get to the load
> suppl disk, I get a mount failure.

Hmm.. I'm wondering if Linux is seeing the LS120 and considering it an
IDE device -- therefore the boot floppy is trying to mount /dev/fd0
(which may not really exist), instead of /dev/hd<whatever>

If that's true, I think the easiest way to get around it would be to try
and boot off a CD-ROM..  There may be some other methods..
--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.1