Re: [TCLUG:4737] SlackWare 3.5 Install error messages

> Format of the swap drive went well.
> Format of the root partition is giving the follwing error message.
> {Uncorrectable Error} & drive not ready for command.
>
> Why is this and is it a problem. I have a 3.2GB hard drive and approximately
> 500mb for the root and 1900mb for the usr partitions and 177mb for the swap.

If the drive is connected properly, I'd guess that there are bad sectors
that aren't getting checked..  If there's an option to check for bad
sectors, use it (even though it will dramatically increase the time it
takes to format -- 10-20 minutes instead of <30 seconds)

--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.1