RE: [TCLUG:4711] Rumors of MS Office port to linux (you got to be kidding)

Actually, it WOULD make sense. It would support the explanation that Linux
IS a competitor to MS, and thus they obviously don't have a monopoly.

I think MS Office on Linux would be awesome, assuming that they actually are
committed to it. Regardless of how good I think most of microsoft's /other/
products are, I have to say that Office pretty much kicks everyone elses'
butt. It's the ONE truely great product they make (well, except maybe Flight
Simulator, which they originally bought, IIRC). All the rest are merely
adequate/mediocre/etc. at best.

IIRC, Office was originally developed for the Macintosh, and except for the
missing version of Office 95 for Mac, the Mac has usually been ahead of the
PC's version...

Neal