Re: [TCLUG:4752] Linux on Macs

Tim:

I am running Linux PPC on my G3 at work, MkLinux on my 604e mac clone at
home, and am about to get my hands on a beta version of a Linux from a grad
student at Berkeley, Michael Schmitz, for old macs.  I have been in contact
with some folks who are running it on old SE30's and Apple II's.

Runs awesomely, except maybe MkLinux which runs xwindows like my 486/100
does--slower than I'd like.

But the real story with Macs is the OSX (OS ten) Server that just went gold
master last week.  Macs new Server OS is, for the most part, *nix with a Mac
OS window manager.  Not all the niceties of *nix are there yet, but as a
".0" level operating system, I'm extremely exited.

-Bill