Re: [TCLUG:4752] Linux on Macs

> Hey everybody,
>
> Is anyone out there using Linux on a Mac? The Pioneer Press reporter who
> did the Linux story in Jan. sent me an email asking about it.
>
> -Tim

I wouldn't say I'm "using" it per se -- I've got it installed, I
played with it a little bit, but right now my primary Linux is RedHat
on the IBM. If this reporter has serious questions, don't send him to
me. If he wants to install it himself, tell him it's a piece of cake,
much easier than on Intel box because things are more standardized.
My only gripe with it is Apple's one-button mouse standard, which
makes it very hard for me to use my old LogiTech 3-button. The
LogiTech will confound MkLinux so much, I have to swap it out for an
Apple mouse. Now I guess Apple has adopted the industry standard for
USB mouses, which are multibutton, but the twits are still shipping
single-button. Makes you want to go to Cupertino and string somebody
up by the thumbs.

Hugh Johnson
hugh@semplicesoft.com
<http://www.semplicesoft.com>