Re: [TCLUG:4835] Palm III software

On 16 Mar, Clay Fandre wrote:
> OK. I just got a PalmIII and want to know what cool apps are out there
> for Linux. I am using pilot-xfer to load files onto the palm, but are
> there any other programs what can sync w/ the pilot?
>
> I also want to be able to load my e-mail from Linux. Anyone doing this?
> Calendar?

You may want to look at PilotManager.  http://www.moshpit.org/pilotmgr/
I've just been using pilot-xfer mainly.  There is a program that comes
with pilot-link that converts the addressbook to a csv file.  I've then
written a perl script that goes between that and an SQL database.  If
you wnat I can give you that too.  One of these days I'm going to learn
to use PDA::Pilot and just talk directly with the pilot.  Look at the
README in the pilot-link package, where you got pilot-xfer, and see all
the nifty programs in there.  You probably want to check
http://www.pilotgear.com.  There's a lot there too, mainly stuff for
the pilot, rather than sync programs.  There's also a Pilot HOWTO out
there somewhere.  I can't remember the URL though.

--
Jon Schewe
schewe@tcfreenet.org