Re: RE: [TCLUG:4760] sharing a monitor

Ouch!

If I am not mistaken, this is the same KVM switch I bought from CDW
(I saw it at the Roseville CompUSA for ~$200 around Christmas time). I
like this switch alot. So much I put up a page dedicated to it:

	http://www.tc.umn.edu/~john1536/fun/kvm.html

talk about too much time on my hands...

Troy

>>> "Neal Tovsen" <ntovsen@piper.hamline.edu> 03/16 3:58 PM >>>
We just bought a 4-port monitor/keyboard/mouse switch from CompUSA
for work.
It was made by Belkin, but I don't remember the model number. It was
like
$175 or something. It even had emulation, which means that you could
reboot
one computer while looking at another. On the really cheap systems,
if you
don't have the switch set to the computer while it's rebooting, it
will give
you a keyboard error.

It seems to be a pretty quality unit for home use. I know that most
of the
good ones for hard-core server racks are ~$350+...

Neal

tclug-list-help@listserv.real-time.com