arrrrrrgh!

A VERY frustrating night tonight.

dI just got a new 12 gig drive today, not realizing the trouble I was in
for when I went to install both windows and linux on the same drive.

I installed windows first, as suggested earlier on this list.  Knowing
that, for me to be able to boot Linux, I'd need to have some of Linux in
the first 1024 Cylinders, I made the primary drive a mere 2 gigs.  after
that, then I wanted to put my 6 gig Linux partition and the swap drive.
After *that*, I want to put my 4 gig second windows partition.

But I cannot figure out how to do this successfully using either linux's
fdisk or disk druid or dos's fdisk.  Is this even possible?  Worth it?  Or
am I better just putting linux on a small 2 gig drive (since I've already
installed windows on the 12 gigger) and dealing with the whole problem
that way?

Dave