Re: [TCLUG:4760] sharing a monitor

Using ssh on your firewall is a must!  Well.. if you plan on connecting
from the outside that is...  If you want to connect to your workstation
from, say, your place of employment, or school or something, you're going
to have to go through your firewall first.  It's kind of a pain, but it's
secure.  You definitely *do not* want any passwords that provide access to
your firewall floating around the Net is plain-text! (which is what X
querying and telneting and ftping do).

Hope this helps,

Gabe

Gabe Turner <dopp@acm.cs.umn.edu>
U of MN Csci/IT Systems Staff
Systems Staff Manager - ACM @ U of MN

"Blood is life and it shall be all ours!" -Dimmu Borgir "The Night Masquerade"