Re: 12 Gig Win/Linux

(Ya know, it would be nice if I could reply to a digest...)

There are some remnants of the 1024-cylinder barrier.

On my machine, at least, I cannot install the LILO boot loader on
/dev/hdb3, which starts at 4GB into my 8.4GB second drive when using Red
Hat's install program. It just fails. That may not be a LILO problem (or
it might), but it still means that I cannot use the NT boot loader to load
linux, because there is no boot sector to copy.

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>