Score one for Linux!!

Hello all,

I'm taking on a project to set up a small business LAN & internet
serving/access.

They wanted to go NT server all the way, and I've talked them into
using a couple Linux boxes!

They are having US West install their phone lines tomorrow, and should
be able to find out if they qualify for DSL on Wednesday.

If they don't qualify, what other options do we have?  They asked me
to get some pricing info on either ISDN or a T1 line.  Anyone have any
thoughts/experiences they can share with me on that??

Originally he was going to have his NT server built, and really load
it up.  He then wanted to have that single machine do EVERYTHING!!
Web server, FTP server, e-mail server, Data warehouse for his office,
backup server, etc...

Now that I've talked him into spreading that out a bit, I need some
input on the strategy for this...

What I had in mind was using one Linux box as a firewall, another as a
WWW/FTP server, and letting him have the NT box set up behind
protected lines.

Now, do I want to set up the WWW/FTP server behind the firewall, and
use a tool like FWTK's plug-gw to "forward" the ports??  Or, do I just
want to put the WWW/FTP machine outside the firewall??

How does the connection piece go?  Say we qualify for DSL.  Where do I
want to place the link?  Would I need to use a small HUB, and register
say two official IP address, hook the DSL router into that HUB,
connecting the firewall & WWW/FTP server?  Then have another HUB on
the inside of the firewall for his office LAN?

Not sure if I'm making sense, but that's probably because I don't
really know what I'm talking about....  8D

Any input on strategy here would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!!

Scott K. Johnson
skj@visi.com - http://www.hetepu.net