Re: [TCLUG:5850] apache and http://blah.com/~user

On  5 May, Ben Luey wrote:
> I get forbidden error message: permission denied. Do I have to make
> ~user/httpd  readable to user nobody? If so, would you recommend making a
> directory under /home for personal pages that is global readable and give
> everyuser a directory under that that they have read-write.

Yes, you need to add read and execute to user nobody for the directory
and the files in it.  As far as where to put the web directory, most
servers work just fine with each user allowing nobody to read their
directory and their web directory, you could create another directory,
but that might be a pain to keep up when creating accounts.
--
Jon Schewe
http://tcfreenet.org/~schewe