Re: [TCLUG:5850] apache and http://blah.com/~user

> I get forbidden error message: permission denied. Do I have to make
> ~user/httpd  readable to user nobody? If so, would you recommend making a
> directory under /home for personal pages that is global readable and give
> everyuser a directory under that that they have read-write.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

~user/httpd will need at least 701 permissions inorder for anyone else to
read it (well, the 7 isn't as important as the 1).  The directory need only
be world executable.
Gabe
Gabe Turner <dopp@acm.cs.umn.edu>
U of MN Csci/IT Systems Staff
Systems Staff Manager - ACM @ U of MN

"Blood is life and it shall be all ours!" -Dimmu Borgir "The Night Masquerade"