SCSI questions

Ok here is the deal, I am doing some contract work for a company that is planing to release it's hardware on RedHat 6.0  I have a test box running that has 3 Symbios SCSI controlers on the system board.  I also have 3 PCI SCSI cards also installed (Qlogic 2100,Qlogic 1080,Qlogic 1040)  right now I have two kernels, one does not support the Qlogic cards, one that does.  when I run the kernel that does not support the Qlogic card this is what I have
/dev/sda1 sda2 sda3
/dev/sdb
/dev/sdc
/dev/sde
/dev/sdf

everything works great, but when I run the kernel that supports the Qlogic card I get this

/dev/sda
/dev/sdb
/dev/sdc
/dev/sde
/dev/sdf
/dev/sdg1 sdg2 sdg3
/dev/sdh
/dev/sdi
/dev/sdj
/dev/sdk

As you can see the new scsi drives want to become devices first before the internal scsi, the only way I can get the system to run is by modifying the fstab to look at sdg instead of sda.  I have never worked with such high end stuff before, SO, how can I keep the internal drives first, AND my other problem is I cannot seem to get to any drives past sdg.

TIA

Jon Kotek