Re: [TCLUG:5867] frontpage for linux

If front page is using httpd "PUT" like Eric is saying then Netscape
Composer, file, publish is the httpd "PUT" request. When you make the
"PUT" request, username, passwd and upload directory will be requested.

I played with running "PUT" on apache to simplify usability for user file
uploads, avoid making people figure out ftp, but with my limited scripting
skills I wasn't able to come up with anything that was secure. Secure in
the sense that when "PUT" wasn't within a <virtualhost> the global "PUT"
request wouldn't give users write access to /home/*. At least that's how
it was with the "PUT" script that I scrounged off the apache site. Anyone
know about that stuff?