Re: [TCLUG:5871] resolving multihomed ips

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Clay Fandre wrote:
> After further investigation, I found out that the sortlist option is
> only needed if the server isn't directly connected to your local network
> (same subnet). We have our nameserver connected to all of our subnets,
> so the sorting is done on the server, eliminating the need for the
> clients to sort.

You're right.  O'Reilly's DNS and BIND book says exactly that.  Looks like
I'll have to learn more about BIND so that I can configure our nameserver
correctly.

Mark A Bentley                  Email:  bentlema@cs.umn.edu
Systems Staff, CSci Dept
University of Minnesota         URL:    http://www.cs.umn.edu/~bentlema/