Re: [TCLUG:5925] SuSE 6.0 and DSL

A few people have asked me about the versions of various things.
I am running kernel 2.0.36, NIC driver Donald Beckers 3c59x.c v0.99h.
SuSE sent me a precompiled current dhclient,
when I first reported the problem; it had no effect.
the /var/log/messages shows that dhclient successfully obtains
an IP address from the server.
After that, however, dhclient starts generating
the "... in wrong transaction messages".
I only have my machine and the router on my "network".
I have the cable to log onto the ADSL box itself.
If anyone can suggest tests to run,
using the above components,
to help locate the problem,
I would be grateful.
At the moment neither I nor SuSE really know what is going wrong.

thanks
Daniel