Re: [TCLUG:5964] completly irrelevant question...

"Serge M. Egelman" wrote:

> I'm downloading that.  But I heard that the drive might need to be identical?  My
> new disk is smaller (but faster).  And I also want only one partition as opposed to
> the 4 before.
>
> well, I guess I'll see.  Thansk,
>
> serge

 Well in previous versions if the drives weren't the same, I could never get it to work

 as advertised.  The last time I used it ( a couple months or more ago) it neatly
cloned
a 545 meg drive over to a 1 gig drive.  This was under win 95, though it also did the
dos and
win 3.11 chunks as well.  Just be sure your source drive is defragged first.  I tried
it first without
the defrag, and it crashed and burned, after the defrag it went slick as could be:)
Good luck
RS