Re: [TCLUG:5959] OpenGL for linux

  Hi,

On Tue, 11 May 1999, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Is the Mesa library the OpenGL equiv for linux?

It's kind of like LessTiff is to Motif. Xscreensaver and Xlock build fine
with it here... however, unless you have a 3dfx card, most the 3D modes
(except Pipes) are way too slow. At least on my AMD K6-2/300... I don't
know if Mesa works with any other chipsets yet.

> I ask because I am trying to build xscreensaver and it says it cannot find the
> OpenGL libraries.

./configure says that? Did you try --'ing the locations et all? If it's a
Red Hat system, are the -devel packages insalled?

-Yaron