RE: [TCLUG:5964] completely irrelevant question...

If you want painless transfers, and don't mind paying $30, use DriveCopy.
All it does is copy your partitions from an old hard drive to a new one.  If
the new drive is bigger, it expands the partitions proportionally to fill
the available space.  My older version supports Linux partitions but doesn't
expand them.  It boots off a floppy, so the OS you're running does not
matter.

--
Carl Patten
Systems Administrator