Re: [TCLUG:6036] dual boot on large hard disk

I am going to double check my bios.

In my cmos setup, drive is reported to be 255/1229/63.  (Linux boot stuff
says 255/1024/63).  Also, when I boot up, before the LILO prompt, the
stuff flying by correctly lists my hard drive model etc and shows its size
as 10110 MB.  My disk is running in LBA mode.  Isn't Linux supposed to use
the linear method anyway?

So far as I can figure, bios is ok, but I'll get the most recent anyway.

Got an 8.4 for Linux to live on today (talk about quick n dirty), but I
still REALY REALY want to know why this is happening...

Thanks much