rh 6.0

well, i gave in.  decided it was time to upgrade the kernel, so i gave in
and went to compusa last night...picked up the box set so i could have the
cool stickers....stayed up till 2:30 ( stupid me goofed up when i was
setting the root password...took me a while to get around that!) doing the
install and initial setup.  pretty slick, but i think that caldera's new
install is slicker/more m$ like, but rh is definatly doing good.  i was
impressed that for the first time ever linux detected my video card and the
monitor correctly.  ( cl 5446 and a crappy 14 inch vga (not svga)).  but a
question....during the install, when i thought i knew what i typed in for
the root passwd, but really didn't, what would have been an easier way of
resetting the password.  the rh "rescue" disk requires a second root disk,
and there is no other operatting sys or box to use to make the disks, so no
booting single, etc...how would i get the password reset (easier).  kinda
after the fact, but maybe it'll save me some next time i brain fart at 1:30
am...

Chad Farley
chad@speed-racer.com
http://chad.speed-racer.com
http://www.imagineradio.com/mymusiclisten.asp?name=cwf95j
SMILE--IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER AND MAKES OTHERS WONDER WHAT YOU'RE
THINKING….

http://www.MyOwnEmail.com