don't leave so51 open for many hours

I left StarOffice 5.1 open on its desktop screen and when I came back 15
hours later, it was using all my memory (real and swap -- totaling 256M).
Oddly, SO51 seemed fine (pull down menus worked, but it was very slow with
only 2k ram. After lots of hd groaning I was able to switch desktops, get
to an xterm and kill it. Anyone else have this problem? Should I just
get in the habit of closing SO51?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

The classic machine politician's definition of a public official's
"political base" is "the people who are with you when you're wrong."
      --  "They Only Look Dead" by E.J. Dionne Jr. (p231)