Re: [TCLUG:9583] flamewar

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Chris Kesler wrote:

> Yes, I suppose I shouldn't try to censor anyone.  It's really not my
> place.  But, after the Coppermine vs. Athlon e-mails earlier in the week,
> and then these, I started to feel like I was wasting my time by reading
> the list.

Yeah, I don't care about Coppermine vs. Athlon, either. After I got tired
of the thread, you'll never guess what I did. I deleted the emails
unread! It gives me a wonderful feeling of agency, almost as if I *owned*
my email account and could do what I pleased with it.

If you decide that you like nothing I write, whether relating to RPM or
no, you could always filter me out automatically with any of several
mechanisms. Go ahead, you won't hurt my feeling. (Yes, that's singular.)

Just stop whining and calling for 'policy' (read: censorship), or I might
have to filter you out...

-- Chris

  Christopher Reid Palmer : www.innerfireworks.com