Re: [TCLUG:9656] Evil, horrible, Linux-destroying corporations

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Bob Tanner wrote:

It seems Bob skipped the so-called 'flamewar'. :)

> What? Isn't that why we all love open source? I know lots of .deb that do not
> work on RedHat. Many Mandrake RPMs that do not work on Slackware.
>
> ** BUT **
>
> If you take the .src.rpm, tarball, etc. I have had them ALL work on ALL linux
> platforms.

See, you know that and I know that, but some people still think Red Hat is
evil. Ours is not to question, I guess...

> Personally and as a company that promotes and sells open source solutions this
> announcement is good news. The more exposure and "commerical" awareness of
> open source the better.

Thanks, Bob. It's good to know someone else knows the score. This is what
I was arguing before in the RPM/deb thingie. Someone said it was 'sad'
that Red Hat was having such success on the market, and I was forced ;) to
do my Chris Palmer act.

Maybe we should set some list policy regarding Red Hat. Perhaps Chewie can
draw up some legislation stating whether or not Bob Young is the bastard
child of Bill Gates and AEleen Frisch.

--
  Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerfireworks.com/