List posting policy

Quoting Christopher Reid Palmer (reid@pconline.com):
> On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Bob Tanner wrote:
>
> It seems Bob skipped the so-called 'flamewar'. :)

Yes, procmail does wonders.

> Maybe we should set some list policy regarding Red Hat. Perhaps Chewie can
> draw up some legislation stating whether or not Bob Young is the bastard
> child of Bill Gates and AEleen Frisch.

Mailing lists are suppose to be for open discussion. Flame wars are part of an
open discussion (yes, on the fringe). I do not want to start moderating the
list anymore then it already is. Policies stifle mailing lists.

If flame-wars are not your think, setup procmail to ship them to /dev/null.

This is my opinion as a reader, as a list administrator I'll do what the list
members wish to have happen.

But do you really want someone reading each post before releasing it to the
list for readership?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700