Re: [TCLUG:9900] Linux Router Project questions

You can do exactly that with any Linux distribution using IP
Masquerading and diald. The newest pppd supports dial-on-demand, but
from my experience diald is easier to control what brings your link up
and down. Here are some URL's:

http://members.home.net/ipmasq/
http://diald.unix.ch/
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/TrinityOS.wri