Re: [TCLUG:9903] new install continuted..

>still freezes up, linux loader is messed up somehow.  Getting into the
>bios via f10 never worked.  As for now, I have no problems booting from
>the disk.....its being used as a server.
        sounds exactly like our webserver here. :)
        i'm guessing by the sound of it, that this is an older Compaq? those
things have a funky BIOS configurator. on the factory install, there's a
~5MB partition that has the BIOS configurator utility on it. if you
repartition your drive, however, it whacks that configurator. (ranks up
there as one of the worse engineering ideas I've seen... looks like
something marketing weenies would come up with).
        you can DL a file from compaq's www-site, that has the configurator,
which you can run from a floppy. so not all BIOS access is gone; it's just a
lot harder to get to. ;(

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN