Re: [TCLUG:9906] Browser-independent code

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Christopher Palmer wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Scott Dier - dieman wrote:
>
> > I also use the w3c standards pages *a lot*.
>
> I'll second that. Stick to the specs, and test your pages in versions 3, 4
> and 5 of the Big Two browsers on both Windows and Mac OS.

Thing you'll find is *not to intergrate images into forms and expect the
spacing to work* period. (onestop.umn.edu is a prime example)

> Lynx is the acid test for page integrity.
>
> If you ask yourself 'Should I put this in or not?', the answer is 'not'.

I am starting to use w3m as a good "low-level" test of pages.

Really we need CSS compatible browsers *NOW*.  Netscape is not this.
Opera promises to be, mozilla is but isn't finished yet either.  Hopefully
full CSS spec will be supported in a unix environment soon.

---
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
      destiny's admin       | The first thing we do,
 http://www.ringworld.org   |  let's kill all the lawyers.
finger me for gnupg/pgp key |   -- Wm. Shakespere, "Henry VI"