Re: [TCLUG:9906] Browser-independent code

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Scott Dier - dieman wrote:

> Thing you'll find is *not to intergrate images into forms and expect the
> spacing to work* period. (onestop.umn.edu is a prime example)

heh Yeah. Another thing I like to do is enclose title image between H1
tags, so then user agents treat the alt text of the image as a header.

> I am starting to use w3m as a good "low-level" test of pages.

Sounds good.

> Really we need CSS compatible browsers *NOW*.  Netscape is not this.
> Opera promises to be, mozilla is but isn't finished yet either.  Hopefully
> full CSS spec will be supported in a unix environment soon.

I hate MS software as much as the next guy, because I think it's generally
bad stuff. BUT, MS IE 5 supports CSS the best of anyone, it's fast, and
nice to use. I'm happy to give them full credit for that.

-- Chris

  Christopher Reid Palmer : www.innerfireworks.com