Re: [TCLUG:9929] Adding RAM for slow machine

> It really has nothing to do with your processor speed.  Your computer
> slows down to do the swapping.  ...

That is not exactly true.  It is true for the older SIMMS and EDO, but SDRAM
is faster with faster processor speeds.   Although, I can not give you
quoted numbers, I believe on modern SDRAM, you will see improvements from
8ns to 6ns on SDRAM100 based upon processor speed. 2ns may not seem like
much, but look at it in terms of percentage and you will see that it is a
25% improvement in access time.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com