Re: [TCLUG:9971] Compaq ProSignia 300

>Question, is anybody running a Compaq ProSignia 300?  I have the
opportunity to pick up a 5/90 series CPU rather cheap and offload my
Apache/Servlet process from my database box.  I just remember what a b*tch
it was working with the embedded SCSI and NetFlex controllers under MS NT
when the server was mainstream.  Any war stories?  I could not find much on
any of the Linux Hardware lists.
        we've got one for a Novell server. about all I can say is that the
box looks pretty sexy. i've never done more than just look at it and boot it
a couple of times after the power went out for a while (gods bless Novell
and its uptime). my experience with other Compaq boxen around here, from
that era, tells me to avoid it like the plague.
        but that box does look sexy....

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN