Re: [TCLUG:9980] df problems

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> >Do you have a nfs mount fs down?
>         that seems to have been it. nfs mount wasn't working right. gave me
> an RPC error of some sort. so I just rebooted it. seems to be (mostly) fine now.
>         what irks me is that I had to hook up a kbd and monitor to the thing
> again, after 107 days of running it entirely via VNC. :)
Well, hey, at least you had a 107-day uptime. You can be proud of that.

>         further wierdness; I now discover that I can't use PICO at the
> console. gives me an 'incomplete termcap entry' error. ;( it was running
> just fine w/in an Xterm, and I remember it working before...
>         also seems that at some point in the past i was able to use jed via
> telnet; and that hasn't worked in a while either. (gives 'this terminal not
> powerful enough to support s-lang').
export TERM=vt100

> I really should upgrade to RH 6.1 on this machine; I just hope I don't blow
> away too many configuration settings in the process. (this is our webserver,
> as well as my kick-around box).
Why bother? Unless you need some of the new functionality of RH6.1, or
have security holes that need to be fixed, it would probably just be a
pain. Just my opinion, of course.

--
Nate Carlson <carlson@real-time.com>    | Phone : (612)943-8700