Re: [TCLUG:9988] .bashrc security

Jared,

Check out the chattr(1) command. Specifically the 'i' option which as
the manpage explains:

       A file with the `i' attribute cannot be modified: it  can
       not  be deleted or renamed, no link can be created to this
       file and no data can be written  to  the  file.  Only  the
       superuser can set or clear this attribute.

Which will perhaps confuse your friends for a while. And of course you
should be locking your screen whenever you leave the terminal
unnattended. Other posters have already pointed this one out though.

And most importantly, have fun with your co-workers while you learn
but don't let this hijinx get out of hand. Don't let these games become
unproductive or get in the way of your work.

Regards

					- Karl