Re: [TCLUG:10061] funny mouse stuff

> Relevant info: I use default RH gnome+enlightenment.  Mach64 X-server.
> ps2 mouse (that works fine).  I've been using this configuration for about
> 5 months, with nothing else like this happening.  I haven't been tweaking
> anything that could result in this either.
>
> I'm now using Afterstep to see if something similar happens.

I once saw a littly teeny PS/2 trackball do something similar (all of a
sudden, the pointer would move to the edge of the screen), but it didn't
do anything with the mouse buttons, IIRC.

I also seem to recall problems like that cropping up when I used a
serial mouse, but those problems went away when I switched to PS/2..

Two random thoughts:

1. The mouse may be going bad..

2. There may be some conflict regarding the PS/2 controller.  On systems
with PS/2 mice, the keyboard uses the same controller, so anything that
affects the keyboard could also affect the mouse (I saw this happen when
I played with xtleds -- a really neat program, but it screwed with my
mouse..)
--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   If at first you don't