Re: [TCLUG:10159] DSL

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, ^chewie wrote:

> <Chad>
> I'm sorry, but I don't have a very good opinion of Onvoy.  Their
> networking sux, their prices are usually astronomical, and their services
> are narrow in breadth.  One other thing...they're installing NT stations
> to manage their network...  Now if these NT stations are nothing more than
> clients to a cisco or UNIX based network server, then fine, but if not...
> BSOD gremlins will manage Onvoy.
>
> Go with Visi... ;-)  Go with RealTime...  Just don't go with Onvoy...
>
> ^chewie

I would go with an alternative all the way, except for the fact I'm too
far from the local switch (by around 600-700 feet, and USWest still
refuses to try it).. I do like getting 384k both directions with Onvoy
(not as advertised :) for $60/mo including the phone line and internet
service.. that pricing really isn't THAT horrible, when you consider you
pay $20 (or $30 for decent service) above your phone bill with USWest,
plus internet service..

--
Nate Carlson <carlson@real-time.com>    | Phone : (612)943-8700