Re: [TCLUG:10159] DSL

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Nate Carlson wrote:

NC> I would go with an alternative all the way, except for the fact
NC> I'm too far from the local switch (by around 600-700 feet, and
NC> USWest still refuses to try it).. I do like getting 384k both
NC> directions with Onvoy (not as advertised :) for $60/mo including
NC> the phone line and internet service.. that pricing really isn't
NC> THAT horrible, when you consider you pay $20 (or $30 for decent
NC> service) above your phone bill with USWest, plus internet
NC> service..

Ahh...  So they're bundling in the phone line as well?  I guess I don't
blame you then. ;-)  I'd probably go for that option as well, despite
Onvoy's reputation (MR-Net's).  On thing in their favor, they're always
VERY good with customer service.  We have them for an ISDN provider (until
we get our T1 with Visi) at work.  They've been pretty good about calling
me (at all hours of the night) to tell us our ISDN went down and they
can't regain control remotely, so they call me to physically powercycle
the router (Ascend pipeline 75).

Anyway...  Time to get back to work

^chewie