More on kppp

Here is the exact error message:

Nov 17 10:31:18 localhost pppd[723]: The remote system is required to
authenticate itself but I
Nov 17 10:31:18 localhost pppd[723]: couldn't find any secret (password)
which would let it use an IP address.

This happens whether I use cleartext or PAP authentication. (This is
dialing Visi with kppp.)

Any comments? Am I missing some setup item? I've got it set for DHCP,
manually set the DNS servers. Do I need to set domain name some certain
way? What other settings should I examine?

All help greatly appreciated. It should NOT be this hard. (I've even got
BeOS to use Visi!)

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

"Wait a minute, Joe. If what you're saying is true,
then I still don't care." - Dave Nelson, News Radio