Re: [TCLUG:10214] ODBC on Linux

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Nate Carlson wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to access Access databases from Linux, probably
> using Perl or PHP. Anyone figured out how to get this working yet so I
> don't have to go through reinventing the wheel? It looks like a product
> from www.openlinksw.com would do it, but if anyone's done it before, I'd
> to be interested to know how much was involved. Thanks!

As others have mentioned PHP has the ability to do ODBC. You do, however,
need to compile PHP with ODBC drivers. This page:

http://e-gineer.com/phpkb/view.phtml/qid/578

has more info.

Interestingly enough, I just researched this very topic for work
today. We need to connect an MS-SQL server to PHP on linux.

Good luck,

Luke