Re: [TCLUG:10231] Apache config

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Christopher Palmer wrote:

> Create a user for each site, .e.g, comed:webusers, somerset:webusers, et
> c. Make their dirs 0755 and owned by them. Then when they log in as
> themselves over FTP, they can get to and modify their directories.

So if I'm reading this right, you're suggesting a group called webusers
and individuals assigned to that group, right? Originally, I had wondered
about creating a group for each school (perhaps more than one person would
like to help with the Web page) and multiple users in that group. That may
be needlessly complex, however, at this point.

> Prolly because /path/to/teachername/publuc_html is not underneath
> ServerRoot. Put their dirs in (e.g.) ~httpd/<teachername> and then
> use links point from ~/<teachername>/public_html to ~httpd/<teachername>.

So you're suggesting that the virtual hosting breaks the ~/username path
to an individual's personal page? It works OK at home, but I don't have
any virtual hosts there either.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/