Re: [TCLUG:10409] Other Adaptec 2940 issues

I had this problem on another system as well.  Without SMP support, just a
plain jane installation.  I got the exact same error messages.

I couldn't figure it out, so I switched to a Tekram card that I had laying
about as a spare.  I did notice some interesting text in the
README.aic7xxx (in /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi) that mentions SCSI
timeouts and resets.  Apparently there are a few things you can do, by
adding parameters to the driver.  RTFM for the details though.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Internet Exposure, Inc.
(612) 922-3126