Other Adaptec 2940 issues

I seem to be having similer problems with my Adaptec card under linux,
except I'm not using SMP.

The error goes something like this:
Nov 23 00:44:16 longshot kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout
: pid 23, scsi0, channel 0, id 15, lun 0 Read (6) 00 00 41 02 00
Nov 23 00:44:54 longshot kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout
: pid 103, scsi0, channel 0, id 15, lun 0 Write (6) 00 00 41 02 00

The card is an Adaptec 2940u2w, the drive is an IBM Ultrastar Model
76H2687 (4.5 GB)

The hard drive is the only scsi device, it's running on the Ultra SCSI
connector with the ultra SCSI cable included in the Adaptec kit. Kernel
2.2.13, using the aic7xxx driver (compiled in, no modules)

The drive seems to work fine under windows as I partitioned and formated
it using Partition Magic without incident. If anyone has any ideas I'd
love to hear them, because I really want to get linux off my 5000rpm
drive and on to the nice fast scsi drive. =)

Thanks.

--
|> Andrew S. Zbikowski | I find your lack of pants disturbing. <|
|>  r i n g w o r l d . o r g   |    http://www.ringworld.org  <|