Re: [TCLUG:10409] Other Adaptec 2940 issues

Well when I had the problem that you mentioned, I had the luxury of
assuming the card was bad and using a spare.  Velocity is still
chilling, not able to have the best of both worlds.  I have confirmed
that I didn't change more than 1 thing in the kernel.  I compiled and
added SMP support, didn't work.  I booted with the old kernel, removed
SMP support and recompiled, works beautifully (minus 1 processor).  I
have another spare tekram card, but I don't have any spare LVD drives to
try it on.  I do have an older WD card I could probably try
though...sigh...

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I'm starting to see OpenBSD as
an option.  Is it sinful for me to like both Linux and BSD? :)  That's
gotta violate some rules somewhere.

If I make any progress I'll let you folks know...and maybe the aic7xxx
maintainers.