Re: [TCLUG:10519] Computer System Prices

On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 05:39:22PM -0600, Ben Beuchler wrote:

> I'm going to recommend to my brother-in-law who is looking for a cheap
> computer that he consider the E-Machines that are selling for around
> $500 minus a $400 rebate if you subscribe to a year of some ISP.  Big
> deal.  E-Machines build decent computers for the price and even if the
> contract with the ISP ends up costing more then the computer, they
> would've bought internet access ANYWAY and this way it just works out
> to be an interest free loan.

	E-machines is sleazy.  They make a computer that looks almost
exactly like an i-Mac.  That's a sleazy hijacking of Apple's marketing
campaign.  I wonder how many people buy an E-Machine thinking they're
getting an i-Mac?

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature