Re: [TCLUG:10519] Computer System Prices

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Troy Johnson wrote:

> Do any of you recommend computer systems to friends/family/customers?

Constantly...

> Are any of you sick to death of the $400 "computer" rebates tacked on to
> new computers in advertisements these days?

Not at all...  Competition does interesting things.

I'm going to recommend to my brother-in-law who is looking for a cheap computer
that he consider the E-Machines that are selling for around $500 minus a $400
rebate if you subscribe to a year of some ISP.  Big deal.  E-Machines build
decent computers for the price and even if the contract with the ISP ends up
costing more then the computer, they would've bought internet access ANYWAY and
this way it just works out to be an interest free loan.

Not what I would buy, since I wouldn't buy a prebuilt machine anyway, but not a
bad deal for someone on a tight budget!

Ben

--
"There is no spoon"