Re: [TCLUG:10560] LILO troubles

Please read page 44 og the LILO documentation:

L    error ... The first stage boot loader has been loaded and started,
     but it can't load the second stage boot loader.  The two-digit error
     codes indicate the type of problem. (See also section 5.2.2)

LI   The first stage boot loader was able to load the second stage boot
     loader, but has failed to execute it. This can either be caused by a
     geometry mismatch or by moving /boot/boot.b without running the map
     installer.

LIL  The second stage boot loader has been started, but it can't load the
     descriptor table from the map file. This is typically caused by a
     media failure or by a geometry mismatch.

LIL? The second stage boot loader has been loaded at an incorrect address.
     This is typically caused by a subtle geometry mismatch or by moving
     /boot/boot.b without running the map installer.

LIL- The descriptor table is corrupt. This can either be caused by a
     geometry mismatch or by moving /boot/map without running the map
     installer.

LILO All parts of LILO have been successfully loaded.

Peter Lukas